The Way of Life:
1. I ought to think at all times how my every action will affect others in my life - parents, friends, relations, teachers and everyone younger than myself.
2. I ought to treat all others, as I would want to be treated myself.
3. I ought not to touch anything that is not mine, unless with permission or unless I am being helpful.
4. I ought to take a personal interest in how other people feel.
5. I ought to be polite to everybody at all times and be positive in my actions.
6. I ought to take responsibility for my maturity by ensuring I assist in the smooth running of the school and my home.
7. I ought to listen to and consider carefully the guidance given to me by my teachers and parents, and then act in the right spirit.
8. I ought to report immediately any damage or unfortunate behaviour to my teachers and/or my parents.
9. I ought to remember that in life my aim should be to solve problems not cause them, to build bridges rather than knock them down, to trust others and to be trusted, to put the need of others first and mine last, to improve and make better whatever or whomever I am involved with.
10. I ought, at all times, to be totally honest to myself and to others.
Pre-Prep Golden Rules:
1. Do be gentle
2. Do be kind and helpful
3. Do work hard
4. Do look after property
5. Do listen to people
6. Do be honest
Our ethos is one of of strong pastoral care nurturing each child and supporting parents and children alike. We understand that children are individuals who mature at different times and in different ways. The Pre-Prep and Prep schools enjoy the same spacious site and share a common ethos, yet each has its own distinctive character. In the Pre-Prep the children are encouraged to work and play according to their Golden Rules and the Prep children have their Way of Life.